Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An Age of Sails and Free Men

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Gorath

An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-07, 22:25

"Do I get a weapon?"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-07, 22:28

G: *Points at her* “....good question.” *He quickly wanders off and she hears some rummaging* “Sword or Rifle?”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-07, 22:29

"I'd say rifle but I've no idea how to use it"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-07, 22:34

G: “I can show you”
*He walks out holding a large musket*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-07, 22:38

"Alright"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-07, 22:43

"Get a hammock, and sling it aft, near the powder magazine. have you ever sailed before?"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-07, 22:45

G: “come on then” *He hands her the rifle and walks away*

OOC: slow replies cos I’m in a car

Elf: *he nods* “Only as a prisoner. I will endure and adapt”
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-07, 22:56

she follows him
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-07, 23:17

*He leads her to bow, which looks out to the open sea*
“Okay, ready your rifle. Give it your best guess”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-08, 00:42

Khalista: "I wanted you for your combat ability. Get weapons, and train with them."
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-08, 00:56

she looks at it for a moment, unsure where to begin
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-08, 01:10

Elf: *Nods* “Location?”

Gideon: “Shoulder” *He mimes the action, expecting her to copy*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-08, 01:33

she follows his orders
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-08, 02:04

*He corrects her posture and gets to show her to load, aim, and fire properly*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-08, 02:30

Khalista: "Weapons are in the fore lockers, you train on the weatherdeck."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-08, 02:31

Elf: “My thanks”
*He turns to leave*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-08, 22:22

Khalista: *Walks up to the ships wheel, and rests one hand on the topmost spur*
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-08, 22:38

*A few minutes later the elf steps onto the weather with a plethora of weapons, everything from axes and swords to boarding pikes and spears. With him are a pair of older men, members of the crew who have served Khalista for as long as she’s owned the ship. The trio arrange the weapons on the deck and get to showing him the ropes, with a sword or axe he proves to be their match, his physiological differences garner him a large advantage against the slower men. With pikes his form is severely lacking, as he often tries to go on the offensive only to have the men get close and ‘kill’ him. After about an hour they’ve advanced to spears and it’s clear that the elf could fight on, even when caked in sweat he still looks as if he could run a marathon. The other men of which about 7 have joined, all look ragged and worn out due to the near constant activity, despite all this the Elf seems somewhat popular even though no one can understand him*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-09, 00:19

*Khalista leans on the ships wheel, watching the elf. A few other crew members joining in draw her eye, some of whom return it. She smiles, seeing his combat ability, it should be worth the investment she made.*
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-09, 00:26

*With everybody having been worn out by the sparring, the Elf decides to end their little session and starts carting the Weapons back to their lockers. Before returning to the weather deck and looking to Khalista to see if she approves*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-09, 00:46

*She nods her approval. Then, seeing the last few crates being brought aboard from the dockside, she 'adresses' her crew* "ALRIGHT THEN YOU HAPLESS DOGS! MAKE READY!"

*The deck becomes a hive of activity, as the jenny is readied for departure. Guns lashed, cargo stowed, sails checked.*
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-09, 00:59

OOC: You saw nothing!

Last edited by Sir BushWookie on 2017-11-09, 01:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-09, 01:00

*The Elf Smiles to himself and gets to doing his best to stay out of way, knowing next to nothing about sailing or his place in the crew*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-10, 23:28

*Calls from around the deck ring out* "SQUARE!" "SQUARE!" "SQUARE!" After the last man calls out. Khalista proclaims. "LOOSE THE SAIL!" The ropes holding the knots tight are pulled simultaneously, and the sail unfurls, catches the wind, and snaps tight. The jenny, suddenly under power, lurches forwards.*
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-10, 23:35

*The Elf is initially surprised by the motion but quickly calms down, opting to lean against the railing and watch the sea*

OOC: Feel free to take control and skip
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-11, 00:29

OOC: is gideon not gonna react to this?
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-11, 01:12

OOC: Ah Yes, him...Forgot! Sorry

Gideon: *Who has been showing thing how to shoot, looks across to Khalista*
“Heading north?”
*With ships being slow to accelerate, Khalista has time to chat*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-11, 14:59

Khalista: "What's it to you?"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-11, 18:34

Gideon: “Never been North, I’ve heard there are ‘bear people’ up there”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-11, 20:45

Khalista: "Ursine tribes, you heard right."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-11, 21:05

G: “They sounded pretty interesting, mind if we tag along”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-12, 21:13

Khalista: "You gonna buy anything here to trade with them? or just come along for the fun of the exercise?"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-12, 21:37

G: “For the fun of it, no harm in a little holiday to some far off places I’ve never seen”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-12, 22:00

Khalista: "No harm at all, other than dragging your purse onto the street and murdering it."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-12, 22:08

*He chuckles* “I’m not that impulsive”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-12, 22:42

Khalista: "Well get moving. I'm not waiting."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-12, 22:43

“I’ll catch up, what’s your heading?”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-12, 22:52

"Making for the neck."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-12, 23:03

*He nods* “I’ll see you there”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-12, 23:20

"I'll wait in janua for a week. A day later and i'll be gone north."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-12, 23:32

“Janua. Got it”

*He turns and starts bellowing orders to his crew, having them ready the ship for departure*
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-12, 23:41

*the jenny slides from port. She's a beauty of a ship. Her waterline painted blue, and gold gilt trappings across her captains quarters windows. As she navigates the jenny around the harbor wall, her first mate comes to stand next to her. He's a tall man, with the dark skin of a southman, stripped to the waist in the noon sun.*

First mate: "Why are you bringing that man with us?" *His accent speaks of far away lands, of sand and sun.*

Khalista: "The elf or the letch?"

First mate: "I've seen the elf fight, I understand that. I mean the pirate."

Khalista: "He's got a ship. And the Bears are pissy at the best of times."

First mate: "Ah... I thought for a moment you-"

Khalista: "No thankyou. I prefer men with at least some romantic capability."

*He smirks, remembering some... choice encounters.*

Khalista: "Remembering how you ended up on this boat?"

First mate: "And every time since then."

Khalista: "That knot is coming undone. Go over and tighten it for me. Show me that muscle of yours in action."

*He laughs aloud, but goes over and does it. A little more theatrically than perhaps necessary.*
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-12, 23:49

*The elf walks up and stands next to her* “That is your mate?”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-13, 00:25

Khalista: "A few times."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-13, 00:29

“Did not think mistress allowed relations with crew”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-13, 00:30

Khalista: "Only rules on this ship are the ones i make."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-13, 00:32

“What are the rules?”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-13, 00:34

Khalista: "Most of it is common sense. Don't kill, don't fight, don't steal. From other crew members that is. Other than that, show me respect, show my first mate, and the bosun respect. Don't annoy the cook, and fight like a devil when i ask it."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-13, 00:34

“Good rules”
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-13, 00:37

Khalista: "Follow them, and we'll have no issues."
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime2017-11-13, 00:41

*The Elf nods*
“If possible would you learn me your tongue?”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Age of Sails and Free Men   An Age of Sails and Free Men - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Age of Sails and Free Men
Page 13 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next