Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Gaming Rejects RP community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Empires of Ashes

Go down 
+4
Nazamroth
Himfea Gaur
Captain Raeven
Faelwen
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir BushWookie

Empires of Ashes - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-09, 23:28

"Smart man"
Back to top Go down
Captain Raeven

Captain Raeven

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-09, 23:29

*Ket is riding a little ways behind, with the remains of his men*

Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-09, 23:37

"I've been doing this longer than you're alive" *chuckles*
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-09, 23:39

"It doesn't hurt to make sure"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-09, 23:50

OOC: Glad to see this lives again.

IC:

*Meanwhile, the expedition is huddled around a camp fire. Even in the warm climes of Voldamia, the Brigardi stick to it as though not doing so means certain death.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 00:00

Trajan: fair enough

Mako: so....
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 00:03

*Joachim looks in her direction, an eyebrow arched.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 00:16

Mako:....well...any campfire stories? pass the time?
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 00:18

Joachim: I doubt you'd want to hear any Brigardi camp fire stories. They tend to be depressing.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 00:19

Mako:...shall I tell one then?
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 00:22

Joachim: If you'd like.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 00:23

Mako: how about...hm...well, there's THAT legend. the one that pretty much everyone in voldamia knows.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 00:27

Joachim: Well, we're not Voldamian so go ahead.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 00:37

Mako: well....long ago. long, long ago. The land was inhabited not by men. But by the foxes, and the wolves. The Foxes were cunning, but no fighters. The wolves were smart, and truly ferocious warriors. Rather than warring with one another, like they had long before, the wolves and foxes came to rely upon eachother. Individual wolfpacks would take in groups of the foxes, give them their protection, in exchange for the cunning of the fox. And each pack did prosper through this. At first.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 00:41

"Let us set off then"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 00:42

"Hmm....we need to establish a camp before we reach the city. let supplies reach us, allow scouts time to assess the enemy defences, before we plan a siege."
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 00:43

*The Brigardi remain silent.*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 00:45

Mako: but, as is the wolf's nature, a peaceful co-existence is unlikely. The wolf packs soon turned upon eachother, fighting first over things like hunting grounds, mates, but soon over other reasons, more personal reasons. Soon nearly every wolfpack did turn upon eachother.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 00:46

Joachim: All allegorical. The story of the nature of petty men.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 00:47

"We need to find the city first"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 00:50

"However, finally things began to change. Two wolfpacks did ally. Two alpha males, born of the same mother, did unite their packs, and embarked upon a quest, a quest given to them by the ancient spirits themselves. To bring peace to the land. And unite the packs under them."

Trajan: true enough
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 00:50

"I'm surprised the Kelthrovi haven't challenged us"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 00:52

Trajan: they know me by now. My reputation at this point means they know they can't beat me in the field. In a defensive Siege they at least have the fortification advantage.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 00:53

Joachim: And then?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 00:56

Mako: their packs at their side, they battled the other wolves. They fought many a tough battle, and the tale is far far too long to tell in detail. One wolf was almost killed in his sleep by a foe. One was betrayed by one of his own pack, and almost killed then. Both almost died in battle many many times. But years later, many many years later, they succeeded. All packs were united. All packs were one pack. Their destiny had been fulfilled. But they soon hit a problem, for when all is one pack, there can only be one alpha. And soon, tragically, the two wolves came to blows.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:00

Joachim: Let me guess...this is the story of how your people came to be united.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:00

"I hope you're right"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:05

Mako: *nods but continuing for now* the alphas fought eachother from dusk till dawn, beating eachother bloody, biting, slashing, clawing. But in the end, only one would live. only one would rule. With his brother dead, they say the survivor did weep. But at that moment, before all onlookers, a great light did descend upon him, as his body began to fill with the power of the ancient spirits. His body changed, no longer a wolf, but a mighty dragon, wise and strong. The great beast did roar, and wolf and fox alike knelt. To this day, has the dragon and his sons ruled the land. 

Trajan: it's likely, but not definite. Need to keep eyes on all directions, keep them from sneaking up on us if that's their plan.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:07

"Indeed, hopefully my scouts will either find something or give us the all clear"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:08

Joachim: I see....and the dragon is the Shogun's clan.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:10

Mako: *sighs* and the other wolf was my ancestor.

Trajan: agreed. My auxilia are doing the same
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:14

Joachim: I see....
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:17

Mako: sorry, not supposed to tell depressing stories.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:20

Joachim: I get the irony...
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:20

she chuckles
"Sorry. It's always the first that comes to mind, since it's the one everyone knows"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:28

Joachim: It's fine.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:29

"So...question. You guys hating it outside your homeland or is it not so bad?"
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:29

"Let us rude forward then, I can see my scouts trotting back to us now"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:31

Joachim: It is...different, I'll give it that. I can appreciate the warmer climate.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:34

Trajan nods and does so

Mako: well get used to it. It's only gonna get colder from here.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:36

Joachim: Ah, something familiar then.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:37

Mako: and, for us at least, uncharted territory once we hit the border.
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:37

*He follows, as do his men*
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:41

*cue them meeting said riders*
Back to top Go down
Sir BushWookie

Sir BushWookie

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:42

"All clear sirs, it seems the cowards have fallen back to their city"
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:44

Trajan: how far to the city?
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:44

Joachim: Why? What's across the border?
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:45

Mako: wildlands. Forests, tribals, no one knows much, except neither we nor Dracia have been able to even make some form of foothold.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:47

Joachim: Hm....may be best to turn back then.
Back to top Go down
Gorath

Gorath

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:48

Mako: maybe. I dunno to be honest. I've never been there myself, and we haven't sent an army there in decades.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Arken

Chapter Master Arken

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime2016-07-10, 01:49

Joachim: Then I say we turn back. Head south maybe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empires of Ashes   Empires of Ashes - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Empires of Ashes
Page 12 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next